(A special message from Phoebe, program manager at Moon Beach)
The anticipation is growing as we eagerly await your arrival! We’re excited to tell stories of years past, invite new friends to take part in old traditions and create new ones together!
Moon Beach is a special place no matter how long you’ve been coming here –whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned camper, you’re welcome and will feel at home on this Holy Ground! Speaking of newbies, my husband Eric and I are thrilled to be spending our first summer at Moon Beach as hospitality manager and program manager, respectively, along with our newborn daughter Seren, who was born on Epiphany of this year! We hope that together we can embrace both time-worn traditions and new ideas, continuing to cultivate the kind of community for which Moon Beach is known!
As we welcome our new theme, “Stories of Greatness,” we have a few reminders for our campers:
- BEDDING: Pillowcase and sleeping bag. You could also bring sheets, of which flat sheets work well, but you can find specific cabin’s bed configurations on the website. All the beds have mattress pads, blankets, pillows and quilts. (Keep an eye on your email for your cabin assignment, arriving very soon!)
- TOILETRIES: Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, bath soap and other personal items
- TOWELS: Bath towels, hand towel and a washcloth
- CLOTHING: Items that can be layered for comfort and sturdy shoes for hiking
- FOR THE BEACH: Swimsuit, towel, beach toys and water shoes or flip-flops
- FOR THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Rain gear, insect repellant, sunscreen, a hat and a flashlight
- OTHER ITEMS: Water bottle, musical instruments, camera, your Bible, a favorite game, a good book, money for canteen, a notebook and pencil
VERY IMPORTANT Pre-Camp Paperwork:
- Please remember to fill out the on-line health forms and liability waivers for everyone in your party.
- Special dietary needs MUST be communicated via your on-line health form prior to your arrival to be accommodated.
- Signed releases on the on-line health forms will also allow us to share contact information with your fellow campers!
Helpful Information and Suggestions:
Moon Beach is a place to get away from the chaos of everyday living, so we encourage you to leave your CD / DVD players, laptops, iPad/iPod/iAnything, etc. at home! There is a phone and computer in camp for general use and urgent messages can be received in the camp office at (715) 479-8255 – so your cell phones can be turned off too! Of course, illegal/controlled substances, weapons and firearms are not permitted at camp. Pets should also be left at home. For safety reasons, in-line skates, skateboards and bicycles may only be used off-site. There are some excellent biking trails nearby as well as lots of hiking trails both on and off-site!
For your convenience and enjoyment, the camp has coin-operated washers and dryers, a soda machine, and a camp store where a variety of souvenirs, ice cream bars and candy may be purchased. The camp also has a tennis court (bring your own rackets and balls), volleyball court, pickle ball court, ball field, horseshoe pit, a variety of canoes, kayaks, rowboats, sailboats, paddleboats and a telescope for camp use!
Arrival & Departure Information:
Plan your arrival to be between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on the Sunday afternoon of your camp. We will not begin registration in the Canteen (located in the Lodge) until 3:00 p.m. Plan to be out of your cabin by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, following the final breakfast. A departure checklist will guide you in sweeping, vacuuming, taking out garbage and recycling, and cleaning your cabin for the next campers to enjoy. Your help is appreciated as we continue the ministry each week!
Looking forward to a great season!
Ignite Your Fire … Feed Your Soul … Build Your Faith … In Nature’s Sanctuary