|Dear UCCI Family and Friends –
The heart of the mission and ministry of United Church Camps, Inc. (UCCI) is love. UCCI’s operating sites at Cedar Valley, Moon Beach, and Daycholah Center strive to love all of God’s people through providing safe places to gather, practicing nurturing hospitality, and performing world class ministry – all ways of giving love! The events of 2020 have taught UCCI important lessons around receiving love!
You friends, have been nothing short of amazing, in sending love back to us through the recently completed Keep the Fires Burning matching gifts campaign. Our deepest gratitude and love to Milton and Trudy Staskal for the $200,000 matching gift challenge and to Mary Schulz for the $85,000 stretch match!
Over 600 individual donors contributed and together we raised over $700,000 to support the mission and ministry of UCCI!
Your encouraging messages and heart-felt support filled our souls and lifted our spirits. Here are some highlights from what you shared with us:
· You gave in memory and honor of a loved one.
· Your experiences (at camp) are deeply embedded in your memories and you wish to provide the same opportunity for future generations.
· Mary Schulz, contributor of the stretch gift match shares: “I attended both Moon Beach and Daycholah Center as a teen and had some of my most exciting and tender moments living and exploring God’s creation. My hope and prayer is that these camps will continue into the future and continue to nurture many more kids and adults. God is Good!”
· You made sacrificial gifts such as “donation represents the money that would have been used for Christmas gifts for our kids, grandkids and each other.”
· An Outdoor Ministry experience is often life changing: “for all of the amazing memories and friendships I made at church camp. It helped me become who I am today.”
· The desire to “make a difference now” by Milton and Trudy Staskal, the contributors of the $200,000 matching gift challenge. Milton reminds us that giving is “not only a financial – but more importantly – a spiritual decision.”
This relational giving surpassed the money it generated … it was inspirational, motivational, and a necessary impetus to work harder to make Outdoor Ministry thrive – and we thrive when you join us: in person and in spirit. We invite you to register for an upcoming event, keep us in your prayers, and consider making an ongoing donation or other gift.
Again, thank you one and all! We humbly appreciate the lessons on receiving God’s love.
Sending love back,
Glenn and all your friends at UCCI!
Glenn Svetnicka – Executive Director UCCI
Leave a Reply