Clergy Respite Program
United Church Camps Inc. (UCCI) offers sacred places for rest and renewal. We understand the unique demands of ministry and offer pastors a few days away for spiritual reflection and quiet time.
There are no programs, schedules, counseling, or agendas. We trust that you know best how to spend your time: sleeping, hiking, watching nature, studying, talking to God, life planning, or just sitting. All sound like good ideas to us!
Each of our three sites offers a unique experience with beautiful lakes, hiking trails, and scenery to let your mind be free of distractions. Each camp is located near a quaint community to explore and experience unique dining. The accommodations will be a private space with a full bathroom.
You will choose the dates and length of your stay. Please be aware that each site has retreats and camp programs year-round which may coincide with your requested respite dates. Have several options in mind when you call to schedule the respite time.
To schedule your stay, please contact the managing director at the site you would like to attend. We look forward to serving you.
This program is made possible through a grant from the Brown Endowment of United Church Funds.
Clergy Respite Details
- Spouse/partner welcome at no additional cost
- No children or pets
- Food not included
- Meal plan may be available for an extra cost if the site has guests and the kitchen is operating
- Local restaurant list provided
- Some options for snacks and continental breakfast available
- Some lodging options may include a full kitchen or a mini-fridge and microwave.
- Create your own schedule
- Reservations requested at least two weeks in advance