Frequently Asked Questions
2021 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that any referenced layout information is given for users on a desktop computer.
When does Registration begin?
At Cedar Valley and Moon Beach most events open for registration on January 2nd at 9:09am every year. At Pilgrim Center registration will begin on March 1st at 9:09am Some events (like special events/classes at Cedar Valley and some winter/spring adult retreats at Moon Beach) open at other times.
How do I open an account?
Go to UCCI.org.
In the upper-right-hand corner, you will see “My Account” and “Register.” Either button will take you to the Login Page for our Registration System.
To access registration and account management features, you must first create an account by clicking the “NEW USER” button.
If you already have an account, you may access it by entering your username and password.
What if I forgot my username and password?
To regain access to your account, please click on the “Forgot your login information?” link and follow the prompts. Your login information will be sent to you. If that still does not work, please call one of our sites (Cedar Valley 262.629.9202, Moon Beach 715.479.8255, Pilgrim Center 920.745.4746) and we will assist you.
One tip for accessing an already existing account: Most UCCI accounts’ usernames are the Primary Account Holder’s email address.
How do I register for an event?
- Once you are in your account, click on “MY RESERVATIONS.”
- This will give you the option two options: “NEW RESERVATION” or “EXPLORE SESSIONS.”
- If you know the event for which you would like to register, click “NEW RESERVATION.”
- RESERVATION TYPE: Click “INDIVIDUAL” or “FAMILY” depending on the kind of event for which you are registering. (Even if you are a single person registering for a Family Camp or Multi-Generational Event, please select Family.)
- SELECT A SESSION: Select the Event for which you would like to register. Then click the “REGISTER” button that appears above the event list.
- SELECT ATTENDEES: Select EACH PERSON from your account who will be attending the selected session by checking the box next to their name. If you need to add additional people to your account to register them, select the “+ A New Person” link. When all are selected, click the “NEXT” button.
- Each event’s registration will guide you through a series of pages. Some things you may encounter in the process, depending on the event for which you are registering are:
- MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: From the dropdown menu, select whether you are a member of a UCCI Affiliated Church. (Please note that your selection does NOT affect pricing.) If you are a member of a UCCI Affiliated Church, please select from the second dropdown menu that indicates your home church.
- OTHER PAGES: Any options and forms associated with your selected event will appear. Select any relevant options, donations, etc. You can always proceed to the next page by filling out any information/options marked “*required” and clicking the “NEXT” button at the bottom of the page.
- MY CART: Click “PROCEED TO PAYMENT” to finish your reservation.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS: Select your preferred payment amount from the options listed. (Note that some events require only the deposit and some require a full payment.) Then select your Payment Method from the Dropdown Menu. Fill out any necessary information associated with your payment method of choice. Please double check the entered information for accuracy.
- Lastly, click SUBMIT PAYMENT.
- A confirmation of registration will pop up… CONGRATULATIONS! You are now registered!
***IMPORTANT! After registering, please check your account for any incomplete tasks or forms. Your Special Diet Form, Liability & Waiver Form, etc. are necessary for us to host camp and to offer our best hospitality.***
I’m going to register for Camp AweSum Family Camp and I’d like to complete forms before Registration Day. Can I do that? Which forms will I need?
Yes! You may complete forms up to 30 days before Registration Day (January 2nd at 9:09am). The forms you need should be in the Document Center:
- Special Diet Form for everyone in your party
- Liability Waiver for everyone in your party
- Media Release for everyone in your party
- Camper Support Form for anyone who will be left in our care (minors and dependent adults)
- Moon Beach and Camp AweSum Payment Form for everyone in your party
Can I waitlist more than one event session?
Yes! You may waitlist as many events as you like.
Can I attend more than one event session of the same type?
Yes! However, if all the events of that type are FULL and have waitlists, we will first invite waitlisted guests to attend before you may attend a second event of that type.
When I registered for Family Camp, I didn’t see as many forms as I’m used to. Why?
We have put your Liability Waiver, Media Release, Special Diet Form and other forms outside of the registration process. This means that if you have not already filled those out for another event you’ve attended recently you will need to fill those out AFTER your registration. These forms are necessary for us to host camp and offer our best hospitality, so it is necessary that you fill them out as soon as possible. Please note that any camps requiring Camper Support Forms and Third-Party Billing must be filled out within one month of registration or you will relinquish your family’s registration and we will pull the next family from the waitlist. Don’t worry, we’ll contact you with a reminder!
I am unable to pay the full deposit today. May I still register?
Yes! Part of our mission includes money never being a barrier to participation at our sites. Please call us and we will help you complete your registration with the amount you are able to pay today. We will also help you set up a payment plan for the rest of your deposit and event fees, including assisting you with a scholarship application should you need it.
How do I edit a form after I’ve completed the Registration Process?
- Filling out a new form that is required for your session: You will see “Incomplete Tasks” highlighted on your account homepage. Click to find a list of tasks/forms to complete in order to attend camp. Complete each form until no more incomplete tasks/forms are listed!
- Making changes to an existing form: When you’re logged into your account’s homepage, click on the account member’s name whose forms you’d like to edit. Next click “My Forms.” All your current forms should appear. Click on the name of the form you’d like to edit. Complete the changes on the form. Be sure to save your changes by clicking the button at the bottom of the form!
What if the event is full?
If the event is full, please register for the Waitlist! Every year we are able to offer spots to waitlisted guests so please don’t overlook this option. If a spot becomes available, you will be contacted by phone or email to decide if you still want to attend the event.
GENERAL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have never been to an event before. Will I be the only new guest there?
No. Each season we greet many new guests. About 30 percent of our campers are new each year. We’re happy to say that camp is one of those places where people connect with each other, with new people, with their inner spirit, and with God. Many guests return year after year simply to reconnect. We look forward to welcoming you and hope that you, too, find this to be a place of community, rest, and a place to connect.
How is the food?
We are very proud of the program, facilities, and especially the food at our sites. Most of our food is home-made in our kitchen. Fresh fruits and vegetables are part of the every day menu. We offer a salad bar at almost every lunch and dinner and a fresh fruit basket where guests can help themselves to a healthy snack any time throughout the day.
I have special food and/or accommodation needs. Can you help and how do I communicate my needs?
We are committed to working with you to do our very best to meet your needs. Please communicate your dietary needs on your online health form prior to the start of your time with us so we are aware of your needs and can make appropriate arrangements.
Are there laundry facilities?
Yes, there are coin washers and dryers at both Moon Beach and Pilgrim Center. Cedar Valley does not.
Are pets allowed?
No animals or pets are allowed at our facilities (with the exception of approved Service Animals).
I’m an adult, what is the smoking policy?
We provide a 100% non-smoking and tobacco free environment for the comfort and well-being of our guests, employees and wildlife at all sites. This includes, but is not limited to: cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, pipes, pellets, chewing tobacco, and snuff.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Individual / Family Reservations:
• Should you cancel more than 4 weeks prior to your event, all but $30 of your
deposit / fee will be refunded.
• Should you cancel less than 4 weeks but great than 1 week before your event,
all but $100 of your deposit / fee will be refunded.
• Should you cancel less than 1 week before your event, no refund will be issued.
• Should you cancel due to COVID-19 concerns and book a new event within 12
months, we will apply your deposit to that event.
• Should you cancel due to COVID-19 concerns and not book a new event with 12
months, UCCI will keep all monies deposited.
YOUTH CAMP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can my senior high camper drive him/herself to camp?
This is a decision best made by the parents/guardian and the camper. Please consider the experience and driving abilities of the camper before any decision is made.
If you choose to allow the camper to drive to camp please know that they will not be permitted to drive the vehicle at any time during the week while they are at camp. We collect car keys from campers who drive. Your help in alerting us that your camper is driving is appreciated.
Can I call my child at camp?
No. Please. The success of the camp experience is largely built on the fact that individuals come here, away from the demands and distractions of the outside world, to build an intentional community. Campers gather to build friendships with people, to learn to be part of this group, and accept each person in the group. Calls from outside this community have been proven to be a distraction from that core idea. In the event of an emergency at camp the management staff will contact the primary guardian. We do have office phone lines, and we’ll use them to call you if the need dictates.
Can my child have a cell phone or pager at camp?
No. Should any camper arrive at camp with a cell phone it will be collected and held in the office until the end of the camp session.
Where can see what my camper is doing at camp?
Feel free to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for weekly uploads and posts. Many times, the post will include a picture of the wacky things happening at camp that week. Please free to use the hashtag #MYUCCI whenever you post a picture of your camper at one of our three sites. We love seeing all the smiles camp can bring to our campers and their families.
What happens if my child gets homesick?
Our staff is well-versed in handling these situations which happen quite regularly at camp. We’ve found it much more successful when we work with your child to identify their feelings, to acknowledge that they are normal, and to provide a support for them as they gain some independence in our camp community.
Should we have extended problems beyond normal fears, the Managing Director will call you to share our experiences and ask for your input.
Do your staff members complete background checks?
All staff members complete a rigorous application process that includes reference checks, background checks, and a personal interview. Then they participate in extensive training that covers the camp mission, youth development, safety/emergency procedures, activity leadership, and child abuse prevention.
What is the staff-to-camper ratio? How old are the staff members?
We offer a staff-to-camper ratio of one to eight (1:8) for campers who are older than 6 and those who are 6 or under have a staff-to-camper ratio of one to four (1:4). We recruit the best counselors from around the world on the basis of their values and proven abilities to work with children. All of our staff members are at least 18 years old.
What do campers eat at camp? Can camp accommodate allergies?
We serve three delicious meals and an evening snack each day in our modern and clean dining hall. We offer healthy choices, vegetarian and gluten free options and can accommodate most allergies. Please communicate any dietary needs on your online health form prior to the start of the event so we are aware of the request and can make appropriate arrangements.
Is financial assistance available?
Yes!! The ministry of UCCI has been blessed by the many current and former campers who have contributed to establish a scholarship fund. Their generosity has helped make life-changing camping experiences at Pilgrim Center and Moon Beach possible for campers for more than a decade. Click the link to download this form for more information or to apply for financial assistance. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION